Monday, April 03, 2006

Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Center

The Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Center or CORE Center is the one of the best thing that has happened to Indians of late. This web site is maintained by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, a Govt. of India dept. They are really really good. I had heard reports of their effectiveness before and I recently experienced it first hand.

Those of you who have read earlier posts on this blog must have seen my rants against ICICIDirect.com, ICICI's web based stock trading setup. These guys are pathetic; with a capital P. Anyway, I finally reached breaking point and filed a complaint with CORE. Received an email acknowledgement in minutes from the website. Then 3 days later (March 30, 2006) I received another email from them. They had sent a letter to ICICIDirect with a copy to me. A very stern letter. Polite but stern. They gave ICICIDirect a fortnight to make amends.

And boy, did it work? I received a letter from ICICIDirect on April 1 asking me for some additional information that they need to complete the process I had requested via a letter dated January 13 2006 :-) It was apparent from the contents and tone of their letter that after they heard from CORE they had dug out my Jan 13th letter from wherever they had consigned it.

Needless to say, I have sent the missing data and am waiting to see what happens next.

SAY NO TO BAD SERVICE! If you have paid for it then you deserve the very best. If your service or product is faulty and the provider is trying to pull a fast one then go to CORE. These people are good!

I will post about developments on the ICICIDirect complaint as events unfold.

(Posted via Thinga Web)

No comments: