Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Most Cherished Photograph


This photo is my most cherished possession. It was taken by Dr. Krishna Swarup Reddy, then HOD, Pediatrics & Neonateology, Apollo Hospitals Hyderabad on the 21st of March, 2004. I am holding Bablu, our second child, just after birth. The feeling was awesome. I can still recall the awe & pleasure I felt when I held my son for the very first time. The funny thing is that I saw our son before my wife did. Bablu was born by cesarean section and Padmaja was still under anesthesia at the time.

Today Bablu (Jyotiraditya Satpathy) is a naughty two and half year old.

Unfortunately for me I wasn't present when Mamli, our first child, was born in Rourkela. I arrived almost a week later. I have a similar photo of her in my hands. She was about a week old at that time. That was much before digital photography entered our lives :-) I have to find that photo and digitize it. Mamli (Durgesh Nandini Satpathy) is seven and a half now and in school (class 3).

No comments: