Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Samaj Printed Our Photo Of Prathamastami Pooja

The Samaj is the leading Oriya daily newspaper. I remember my mother reading the Samaj when I was a child. She used to pick words from the paper for dictation tests. I was horrible at spelling, much to her despair.

Anyway, my parents called today to tell us that a photo of me blessing Mamli & Bablu (the photo titled Prathamastami Pooja on my family web page) has appeared in the Nov 12, 2006 edition of Samaj. Under an editorial about Prathamastami Pooja.

I immediately Googled for "Prathamastami" and got this results page. My photo is the first result. It seems to me that somebody at the Samaj editorial offices used the same search, liked the photo on my web site and decided to use it. Definitely a copyright violation but I don't think I will take it up with the newspaper.

By now all my relatives have seen the paper. Everybody but us here at Hyderabad. We don't get the paper here. Have asked Baba (my father) to save a copy and send me a scan of the relevant article. Will post it here when I get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!