Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bablu's Adminssion to LKG in Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Jubilee Hills

Padmaja & I were not sure if we wanted to send Bablu to regular school this academic year. He is attending play school at EuroKids, Ameerpet. Anyway, I picked up the admission form for Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Public Scool in Jubilee Hills in late Nov. Dropped off the completed form on the last day and then we all relaxed. Didn't bother to do the same for other schools. During Mamli's time we had rushed around filling up forms for a number of schools including BVBPS.

BVBPSJH conducts a lottery for Sibling applicants (20 seats) and general (20 seats) on Dec 31. We completely forgot about the lottery till a colleague of Padmaja asked about Bablu's admission on Jan 2nd. At first Padmaja thought the chap was asking about Bablu's health and only latter realized that he was asking about the admission! Anyway I was sent off to the school to inquire. I dutifully trotted off, met the principal, Mrs. Rama Devi, and then checked the lottery results. Bablu's name was there! Misspelled as G Jyotiraditya instead of Jyotiraditya Satpathy. I really hate it when people misspell names!

Anyway, Padmaja, Mamli, Bablu & I went to pay the admission fees last Saturday. Mamli was to get her report card too. She has slipped a bit. A C & a B this time instead of all A+s. Sigh. Too many comics :-)

Bablu will start LKG on June 13, 2007. He is all excited about going to "Big School" as he calls it. The day after the admission he refused to go to EuroKids and insisted that he be sent to the Big School. Padmaja told him that his uniform is not ready and he will go to Big School only after the uniform has been purchased. That satisfied him and he went off to EuroKids as usual. I have always wondered how my dear wife manages to think up these things on the fly. The uniform thingy is excellent. You see the shops won't have the uniform, and then we have to find time to go buy it etc etc. Really neat! It is good for the next few months at the very least!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading your article. I am thinking of putting my kid in this school (bharatiya vidya bhavan jubilee hills), but I am getting many links with the same name on internet. Is there a school of this name in Rajendra nagar as well. If yes, is the management of the school same.
Please mail me at kiranvydhyam@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi,

I was reading your article. I am thinking of putting my kid in this school (bharatiya vidya bhavan jubilee hills). Can you pl let me know approx fees
Please mail me at pnaveenkishore@gmail.com

Unknown said...

was reading your article. I am thinking of putting my kid in this school (bharatiya vidya bhavan jubilee hills). Can you pl let me know approx fees
Please mail me at nandan_chanti@rediffmail.com or nandanchanti@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading your article. I am thinking of putting my Daughter in this school (bharatiya vidya bhavan jubilee hills). Can you pl let me know approx fees
Please mail me at:shaheenbegum14@hotmail.com
God bless you!!

Gautam Satpathy said...

Hello Shaheen Begum,

The fees currently are about Rs. 7000/- per quarter. That translates to about Rs. 28,000/- (approximately) per year. This fee includes the bus charges.

However please note that this is an approximate figure and varies slightly from class to class. The lower classes have slightly lower fees.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gautam

DEV. D said...

Hi Gautam...
Nice article. Jus had a few queries...
We have a son of 7yrs, at present studying in CBSE format school in Standard II. Being new in Hyd, (we have come frm Kolkata) we seek your guidance.
Is this Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan's Public School the same as Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan which we know (as in Sainikpuri)? Is it under the direct umbrella or is it a frnchisee?
Your urgent reply will help.
Regards

Gautam Satpathy said...

Hello Raj,

the school mentioned in this post is a Bhavan's school. the institution in sainikpuri also belongs.

Anonymous said...

Does the school have transport through out the city? Does it have buses to Kondapur area?
Please let me know, as I am able to buy an apartment in Kondapur.

Anonymous said...

Hi.

Very Good Article , i am planning to send my kid to this school. Could you please let me know the fee structure and what is this lottery method. Do we need to go through this. Please email me at yvbachi@yahoo.com or pls give me your number i would like to talk and get details. Thank you so much!!

Unknown said...

Hi Gautam,

I want to join my son in Bharathi vidya Bhavan, jubilee hills in UKG. can I know about the fees structure for the UKG students including transport, I stay at sanathnagar, Hyderabad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gautam,
An informative post written very nicely. Your wife is one smart lady, I must say - to think of realistic things that convince kids is not easy ;) So, I am looking for LKG-admissions for my kid this year.. and I wanted to ask if you could share how your daughter got admission here.. Since it would'nt have been sibling category back then, I'd like to understand the procedure and also give my best shot for our little one.. Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, is your family happy with the school ?
Thanks in advace,
mira

Anonymous said...

hi gautam,

My daughter got into BVB for year 2015-2016 into LKG that is next to JHPS. Since u have joined your daughter way back, how is the teaching there and the standard of communication? should I go ahead with the admission. Please suggest. Thank you.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.