Friday, February 16, 2007

I Found A School Chum Today

Or rather he found me :-)

I had this nice email from Praloy Roy a.k.a "Anda" (Egg in Hindi), in my Yahoo account this morning. We had a Kid's day at Oracle today & I took Padmaja and the kids to Oracle Campus in the morning. I didn't see my emails till after lunch and was pleasantly surprised to see Praloy's email.

Called him in the evening and spoke for a while. Praloy is married now and has a child. He works for Reliance Industries in Delhi. He got my email address from Sandip Mishra, who he got in touch with via Sudhir Prasad, another school chum.

Praloy is the 5th school friend I am in direct contact with. Sandip of course works for Oracle (HR), Sudhir is also in Hyderabad. The third person is Sanjay Kumar who is a Doctor in Mumbai. Last but not the least is Y Krishna, or as he prefers to call himself, "Why Krishna". Krishna is currently in London working for CitiGroup.

The others are scattered around the world. A couple I have contacted on Orkut. No idea where the others are.

Some names I remember (Class of 1988, Ispat E.M School, Rourkela):
Debashish Bhatacharya
Rakesh Shahay
Arindum Mukherjee
Vikas Singh
Arun Panda
Arnab
Vivek Pant
Jhilmil Mohanty
Supriya Roy

Will add more if I remember...

If you know anybody from this class, please drop me a line at gautam (AT) satpathy (dot) in, or leave a comment on this post.

1 comment:

vijay said...

I have gone through your message. Myself having a information which is use full to Hyderabad people.

Now you can search for schools addresses, big landmarks with clear maps of Hyderabad. ilaka.in-team has implemented this

www.ilaka.in

ILAKA is the twin cities most comprehensive resource locater. Simply put, WE can find anything one. And all this with one of the mouse.

It works like this. You enter the site and describe your start position on the map. Next, You enter your destination or search for outlet or service. Within seconds you will shown the shortest route to your destination with important landmarks and relevant information to get you there. And because this map is updated regularly, You’ll always have access to going-on in the city.

Now imagine what this service could do for your business. Potential customers will notice your presence on the map and know exactly how to get your place of business. This will include tourists to the city, businessmen and travelers, foreign visitors and city locals who had no previous knowledge of your services.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Reddy.