Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Online Payment of BSNL Bills - My latest Mess Up

Last month I did something really stupid. I messed up the bill payments. I paid the BSNL (landline phone) bill twice and didn't pay the electricity bill!

Opps! The wife is mad. She will be madder if she knows the whole story. She thinks I am losing it slowly. If she gets the whole story she might pack me off to an old age home at the ripe old age of 35.

It went like this; I pay the electricity bills on ESeva. Their web site sucks but it gets the work done. Earlier I used to pay the BSNL bills on ESeva too but for the last six odd months I am using BSNL's web site. Much nicer web site and I get the job done much faster. Well last month I logged into the ESeva site late at night and clicked my way through the screens. The amounts were similar and I paid BSNL's bill by mistake, thinking that I am paying the electricity chappies. Then I happily logged into BSNL's web site and paid the bill again! The next day I synchronized my bank statement with my off-line records and marked the payments as Elect Bill & Phone Bill. I remember being a little puzzled that the amounts were the same but I let it go.

Well to cut a long story short, I got a shock when Padmaja received this month's Electricity bill and it was twice the usual amount. She waved it under my nose and I stared at it for a few minutes with my mouth open. I still didn't get it at that time. I quietly pocketed the bill and told Padmaja I would deal with it.

It was much later when I pulled out the old bills to cross verify and figure out whether I had goofed up big time or somebody else had. Unfortunately I am the guilty party.

Called up BSNL and the lady in the customer service department (not call center) told me that they could fix it if I wrote to them explaining all the details.

Now I have to sneak out of the house on Saturday and go visit the Ameerpet BSNL office.

Psst. Please please please don't tell Padmaja.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its ver less for u man
I got 48000 rs for jst plan change

www.techkit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello i'm new to this website and i'll talk to anyone so "hello" to you all...I like this website very much and I wish there are much more postings here because I would like to exchange as much information as I can.
Best Regards,
Jessica
http://www.makemoneykingdom.com