Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Staircase And Bablu

Bablu, my 3 year old son, had a bad fall yesterday evening. He was riding his bicycle and lost control near the staircase. Fell down a flight of steps and banged his head rather bad. Luckily Padmaja had just arrived and was riding up in the lift. I was on my way home and about 3 mins away. He is fine now but gave us a bad fright last night.

My greatest fear is that if the kids have an accident at home while we are work, it will take us a minimum of 30 minutes to get home (Saifabad to Srinagar Colony for Padmaja & from Madhapur for I). Both our offices are about 8 kms from home but traffic is so bad that it will take at least half an hour to get home. During peak hours it can take as much as 45 minutes!

I am frightened of even thinking about what can happen in that 30 mins.

No comments: