Wednesday, August 01, 2007

ICICI's Online Banking, Infinity - Service Unavailable!

ICICI Bank offers online banking facilities free of cost to it's customers. Their banking portal is called Infinity and is pretty good.

However it does have it's off days and today is one of those. I am not sure what is wrong today but I ended up with a blank screen with only "Service Unavailable" on it. No apologies or regrets. No we will be back in a while. Just two words.

Lack of good manners? Laziness? Or just the default web server setting? If it is the last, then I am scared about my money.

 

[Update - 9.41 p.m.] - Service still down. I was able to access the site for a little while at about 4.00 p.m. but have not been able to connect since.

1 comment:

Anshuman said...

I went a step ahead, and tried to identify the pattern of such behaviour (dont call me crazy, although I do much crazier things ;-D)

The things I noticed is, the site comes under too much load whenevr month end/beginning arrives (salary day). And then their web server goes ka-put.
It is understandably so, cause every month beginning, we pay all sorts of bills online, transfer money, check details etc etc ..