Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hyderabad boy reunites with family

Original Article on NDTV.com

A three-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from his home in Hyderabad two days ago, was reunited with his parents in Andhra Pradesh's Khammam town late Wednesday night.

Rohit Reddy was abandoned near a temple by his kidnappers, who panicked after they were chased by a crowd, which recognised the child from pictures on local TV channels.

The boy's parents both software professionals are overjoyed but concerned about his health.

''I thank all the TV channels and police. I will be indebted to them for the rest of my life,'' said Lalisa, boy's mother.

''To help identify my son I told the officer about my son's birthmarks. He then confirmed,'' said Ravinder Reddy, boy's father.

His mother had earlier appealed to the kidnappers through NDTV to make sure that he got his medication, as he was unwell.

According to eyewitnesses the boy was playing near his home when men in a dark green Qualis picked him up.

No comments: